Thursday 24 August 2017

13) Crossing Trains


Crossing Trains (mp3) (pdf) (tab)

Trains were crossing in the Westerbroeksemadepolder. Those Swiss made "GTW-Spurt" trains are passing by a couple of time's every hour. You can't miss those diesel trains when you cross the cyclepath at the right side of it. When I was a child I always wondered why passing trains sounded so strange. The "Dopplereffect" make the pitch of the train sound higher when they're coming towards you while the pitch lowers when they're moving away from you. The idea to make an intrumental tune with that effect resulted in my new bluegrass tune "Crossing Trains". But Bluegrass isn't Bluegrass without a banjo and I was lucky that my friend "Banjohanna" helped me out with the banjopart. As you can hear she is a great banjoplayer and after I mixed the tune together I'm not sure whether it became a mandolin or a banjotune. It's up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment